Are you looking for an affordable treatment to help heal and restore your family’s hope? Renaissance Ranch in Ogden, UT, is the perfect place for addiction treatment, cognitive behavioral therapy for addiction as well as recovery from alcoholism. We have many years of experience as well as award winnings for comprehensive CBT for addiction as well as CBT for alcoholism and drug treatment.
At Renaissance Ranch Ogden, we are professionally licensed to help in rehabilitation and recovery from addiction for you or your loved ones.
What Is Cognitive Behavioral Therapy?
Our Cognitive Behavioral Therapy program at Renaissance Ranch Ogden is a type of treatment that helps people learn how to identify and change destructive or disturbing thought patterns that have a negative influence on behavior and emotions. Certain feelings, such as frustration, stress, and anxiety, make addiction recovery of the patient difficult, which necessitates the therapies at Renaissance Ranch Ogden. It focuses on changing the automatic negative thoughts that can contribute to and worsen the situation. These spontaneous negative thoughts have a detrimental influence on mood. Through CBT, these thoughts are identified, challenged, and replaced with more objective, realistic thoughts.
At Renaissance Ranch, we use cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) as a therapeutic modality for our patients. This helps in influencing them to seek positive behavioral changes to help them with recovery and rehabilitation.
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy is not a long term form of therapy, which is what makes it perfect for addiction recovery programs to use it as addiction recovery is meant to be short term. This therapeutic method helps therapists and counselors get to the root cause of the addiction in order to determine best how to rehabilitate the patient.
Types of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
CBT encompasses a range of techniques and approaches that address thoughts, emotions, and behaviors. These can range from structured psychotherapies to self-help materials. There are a number of specific types of therapeutic approaches that involve CBT:
Cognitive therapy centers on identifying and changing inaccurate or distorted thinking patterns, emotional responses, and behaviors.
Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) addresses thoughts and behaviors while incorporating strategies such as emotional regulation and mindfulness.
Multimodal therapy suggests that psychological issues must be treated by addressing seven different but interconnected modalities, which are behavior, affect, sensation, imagery, cognition, interpersonal factors, and drug/biological considerations.
Rational emotive behavior therapy (REBT) involves identifying irrational beliefs, actively challenging these beliefs, and finally learning to recognize and change these thought patterns.
While each type of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy takes a different approach, all work to address the underlying thought patterns that contribute to psychological distress.
How Does Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Utah Benefit Our Patients?
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy benefits our patients in several ways, which helps facilitate recovery and rehabilitation. CBT is also key in overcoming some hurdles that may get in the way of recovery such as the following;
- Uncontrolled Anger/ Sadness
- Substance Abuse
- Alcohol Addiction
- Eating Disorders
- Panic Disorders
- Mood Swings
- Chronic Pain
- Low Self-Esteem
We also work hand in hand with our patients to help them get over negative thoughts that can be a threat to their recoveries through the following ways;
- Breathing exercises for reduction of anxiety and stress
- Mental games and exercises to alter their negative thought patterns and perceptions
- Mindfulness meditation to help the patients focus on positive thought patterns
- Regular one-to-one or group discussion sessions, or a combination of both
- Frequent feedback
- Role-playing activities
- Ways to calm the mind and body
- Gradually increasing exposure to things that cause fear
- Homework assignments
- Keeping a cognitive-behavioral diary
- Practicing the skills learned to promote positive behavioral change and growth
How Does CBT Program Help to Control Addiction?
During the course of CBT, a person can learn to:
- Identify problems more clearly
- Develop an awareness of automatic thoughts
- Challenge underlying assumptions that may be wrong
- Distinguish between facts and irrational thoughts
- Understand how past experience can affect present feelings and beliefs
- Stop fearing the worst
- See a situation from a different perspective
- Better understand other people’s actions and motivations
- Develop a more positive way of thinking and seeing situations
- Become more aware of their own mood
- Establish attainable goals
- Avoid generalizations and all-or-nothing thinking
- Stop taking the blame for everything
- Focus on how things are rather than how they think they should be
- Face their fears rather than avoid them
- Describe, accept, and understand rather than judge themselves or others
Why Choose Renaissance Ranch Ogden?
In addition to alcohol addiction recovery center and drug treatment programs, Renaissance Ranch Ogden offers assessments as well as interventions to help speed up recovery. Our services are round the clock to enable us to serve you at your convenience, and as we accept most insurance policies, payment is also fair and affordable.
At Renaissance Ranch Ogden, we are a licensed, award-winning recovery program awarded the Best of State Award for our intensive outpatient recovery as well as our rehabilitation program. In addition, at Renaissance Ranch, we pride ourselves on being the Best Addiction Center in South Ogden as at 2019.
Our many years of experience and knowledge in recovery and addiction makes it possible for us to customize our treatments according to the requirements of each patient. This helps us offer addiction therapy that is results-driven to enable every individual to have the best shot at sustained recovery. If you are looking for a place where you will have a recovery that has low risks of relapse, visit us at Renaissance Ranch Ogden in Utah.